MEMORANDUM OF COOPERATION BETWEEN EUSDR PA4 AND GLOBAL WATER PARTNERSHIP CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE (GWP CEE)
The European Commission supports strengthening synergies between existing bodies and initiatives. Related to this issue, EUSDR PA4 “Water Quality” and GWP CEE on 22 February 2019 signed the Memorandum of Cooperation in order to share visions and create win-win solutions in the areas which are mutually relevant for both entities.
GWP is an independent organization that supports activities to advance governance and management of water resources for sustainable and equitable development. EUSDR PA 4 main aim is to restore and maintain the quality of waters via implementing actions listed in Action Plan of PA4.
The Memorandum of Cooperation between EUSDR PA4 and GWP CEE is primarily focused on:
- Integrated river basin management planning
- Integrated urban water and waste water management
- Knowledge sharing and capacity building activities
- Capacity development in climate change adaptation strategies and integrate these into national, transboundary, and regional planning processes.
- Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals, and specifically SDG6 (water).
Memorandum defines the means of cooperation in the area of promotion; knowledge sharing; supporting processes and dialogues; projects preparation, identification of funds and projects implementation. The signing of Memorandum opens new platform for fruitful and effective cooperation of both sides.