The involvement of present and future generations in the shaping of our societies is high on the political agenda on a local, regional, national and European level.
The Danube Youth Council (DYC) shall provide a platform for institutional involvement of young people in all EUSDR bodies to make ideas and viewpoints of young people heard and considered on a political level. The Danube Youth Council will be composed of 28 members, 2 members from each Danube Region country (Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine). The members of the Youth Council may:
- propose concrete actions and projects and suggest topics
- bring ideas to the attention of high-level politicians from EUSDR states and regions
- contribute to the EUSDR priorities and policies
- raise attention for the special features of their regions at the transnational level
- participate in all youth activities of EUSDR
- participate in EUSDR events as well as international and EU related youth events
The Danube Youth Council will be supported financially by the European Commission and the City of Vienna and this financial support covers travel and accommodation costs of DYC members for meetings and events.
For more information please visit: https://danube-region.eu/danube-youth-council/